top of page
"Learning and teaching should not stand on opposite banks and just watch the river flow by; instead, they should embark together on a journey down the water. Through an active, reciprocal exchange, teaching can strengthen learning how to learn.”
Founder of the Reggio Emilia approach
At Fernbrook we:
- encourage play and exploration
- foster and model strong relationships
- encourage children's individuality and their strengths
- promote creativity and problem solving
- encourage children to be active participants in their learning
- provide a cooperative and collaborative learning environment
- recognise that children learn in context
- provide for experiences and plan time for child led learning
- teach in an ongoing cycle of planning and reflection
"Education is not the filling of a bucket but the lighting of the fire"
W B Yeats
"Play is the highest form of research"
"Creativity now, is as important in education as literacy and we should treat it with the same status"
Sir Ken Robinson
"Our image of the child is rich in potential, strong, powerful, competent and most of all connected to adults and other children"
Founder of Reggio Emilia
Home: What's Happening
ENROLMENTS OPEN FOR 2024 & BEYOND
PREP TO YEAR 9
ENROL THROUGHOUT THE YEAR
Places are very limited, submit your interest below and one of our staff will be in contact to discuss the enrolment process.
Home: Sales Lead
Home: Instagram Widget
bottom of page